On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Eric Wachsmann <e...@flex-radio.com> wrote:
> Tell me then...  Where are the >4 channel 192kHz audio USB devices??
>

> Eric Wachsmann
> FlexRadio Systems

Here's a defence of USB 2.0 based on experience:

We routinely have 4, 32 bit, 250 kHz data streams running via USB 2.0
from the QS1R receiver.  We can easliy sustain 2.0 MSPS, 32 bit data
via USB 2.0 via the Cypress CY7C68013A FX2.

Alex, VE3NEA (DxAtlas, CW Skimmer) has successfully demonstrated  7,
48 kHz data streams over USB 2.0 from QS1R, each one from an
independent receiver that can tune anywhere from 0-60 MHz.

I assure you it is easily possible to have 4, 24 bit, 192 kHz data
streams via USB 2.0 that the F5K needs.   These do not appear as a
sound card though, which is a huge advantage as far as support on
Windows/Linux/MAC goes.  You don't need all the nonsense that goes
will sound card drivers and their related latency problems.  Once you
free your mind from the idea that a SDR has to look like a sound card
to the operating system, you are on your way to much better
performance!

Regards,
--
Phil Covington