OK,

I have received a lot of replies and want to thank everyone.  I am going to
Hamcom here in Dallas next weekend and will take a serious look at the 5000A.
Their booth at Dayton was packed so it was hard to get close to the product.

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:42:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Is it worth the trouble??
From: haskell...@gmail.com
To: wa5...@hotmail.com
CC: flexradio@flex-radio.biz

Harold,

I'm on my second generation Flex-Radio. Both machines (the SDR-1000 and the
Flex5000A) have been of exceptional quality and the support has been not only
far better than anything ever done in ham radio but better than one could even
dream of.

The software is the product of some of the best minds in digital signal
processing and is plainly a labor of love.

There is no reason for you to be apprehensive about getting one to work for you
and if you should encounter problems, as long as you are willing to
communicate, there should be no concern about getting good help.

You asked if I would buy the radio again. I will buy another at some point and
if there were any reason to do so I would even buy one for my mother.

Buy one. You'll love it.

73
Ed, W1PN