I wish I could moderate this statement up Dave.  it is +5 insightfull
The Flex-3000 I have is so good it can make me happily run a Microsoft
product on a dedicated machine.

I am happy owing one to the greatest radios in the world.
We have one of the best communities in the world supported by a
fantastic company.

I am in the middle of re-versioning my Shack because I don't need my old
radios and all the stuff I used with them much anymore.

Steven

On 03/25/2010 10:58 AM, David R. Wilson wrote:
> To take this a slightly different direction:  There will be other
> choices.  They just are not there yet.  Windows does have it's problems
> and challenges.  There are substantial problems on any software platform
> with implementing routines that are very time critical.  That is one of
> the major challenges with any SDR project.  When I can find some time I
> (and many others, including some of the Flex developers) have been
> working on implementing software to make the Flex 5000A work on other
> platforms.  It does cost a bunch to develop software.  I can vouch for
> that first hand from having to fight that battle before.  Those running
> Flex hardware are fortunate that Gerald and others involved in this
> process fully realize how time and resource consuming that job really
> is.  Realize that we will all have to be patient.  Software is an art,
> sometimes it is a very difficult challenge.  Give those working on these
> programs some breathing room, because they have a very difficult job to
> sort through all of the hardware and software platform issues that are
> not normally seen by the end user.   Software development on any
> platform is difficult in part because the operating system is also a
> moving target.
>
> Dave
> KU4B
>

> On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 07:41 -0700, Burt wrote:
>
>> The name of the product is Windows, no need to insult the most popular
>> software product in the world. No Windows, no Flex. You could say Flex is
>> five years old and they are still do not have it perfect NOR SHOULD THEY.
>> Their only obligation to the buyer was to have it work with the release it
>> was sold with. They are not charging you for updates.
>> But I bet it cost Flex plenty to make the  updates
>> Burt
>>
>> --- On Thu, 3/25/10, Alan NV8A <n...@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>>> A prime example of the problem with
>>> announcing a firm release date and sticking to that even
>>> when the product is not ready is Windozzze. WinXP is now 9
>>> years old, and Micro$$$oft is still releasing fixes for
>>> major security problems.
>>>
>>> 73
>>>
>>> Alan NV8A

 Regards de KC6KGE
  Skype flamebait
Monitoring at least one of the following Frequencies if the radio is on and I
am not on a net or using the digital modes; 3975, 7181, 14.329