Simon, I was looking at that monitor and wanted to add it to my quad core. Let me know what you think.

My goal with my 3000 is to use it in my remote base and replace my ts-480. I would love to run HRD without powersdr if I could. Anytime I can reduce the layers of software, I can ensure that my remote base runs for 6 months at a time without being visited (which is the case now).

However, it is great to have my 3000 here at the house dealing with the local noise levels. After reading w9oy's success with diversity receives, I might have to go to a 5000 for the house stations.

Mike VA3MW

http://walkerphoto.blogspot.com/2009/07/remote-ham-radio-operating.html

Simon HB9DRV wrote:
Tim,

Thanks - good to know. If - big if - I buy a Flex 5000 it'll be May / June,
first I want to get transmit support working properly for the SoftRocks and
tidy up some other logic and add some more features.

I'll write a small program to check that I can indeed talk to a Flex from my
development system (X58 Extreme - Quad core etc.). If so then I may take on
the challenge of a knobless system :)

FWIW I purchases the ACER T230H touch screen monitor yesterday so that I can
use this most interesting new API.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
http://sdr-radio.com