I've used the Flex-1500 with almost every transverter DEMI makes, from 6m to 10G while VHF+ roving in the ARRL VHF+ contests. If there are any negatives, it'd be the same for any other SDR. Dependance on the health of the laptop while roving is a prerequisite that I didn't have with a turnkey knob IF rig. You may also have to adjust to the reduced bandscope width. The intentionally weak RF of the XVTR/COM port is great for low power IF use and helps me save my batteries while driving amps off the transverters. The low power also insures I'm not harming the transverters as I'm madly flipping bands. The ability to lock all the transverters and the 1500 to the same common 10Mhz reference signal makes band changes spot on, which reduces the need to tweak the big knob to bring the QSO on frequency.

(One issue I used to have was the bandscope & audio going dead and not returning, if the 1500 lost power with pSDR still running. This appears to have since been fixed, and now all I have to do is reboot pSDR and cycle the 1500. Thanks to whoever fixed that one!!!)

I really like the flex-1500 as a weak signal IF. It's all good. If mine got fried, I'd order another pretty much without question.

Thanks,

kr0ver/r