Christian Mayer wrote:

> Erik Hofman wrote:
>
>>I don't say why should move to SDL, but I like it and *if* we move away
>>from GLUT (which in my opinion would be a good idea) then SDL would be
>>my favorite alternative.

> Well, there are thoughts to make PLIB 2.0 GLUT independant as it whould
> ship directly with FreeGLUT (one of the reasons why PLIB took over the
> FreeGLUT "development")

SDL will give a much greater control over the keyboard/joystick code
(which makes it probably easier for the properties manager code)

>>And again, it would remove a lot of ugliness from SimGear.
>
> Can you be a bit more specifc about that?

FlightGears timing code has a lot of archticture specific #ifdefs in it,
and this will happen also if we want to make threading multi-platform
(i.e. support Win32 and MacOS).

There are probably other places which would benefint from it also (all
*basic* OS stuff).

Erik