> I've twice committed a patch wich gets audio (sort of) working for Irix
> (audio realy is crap in plib anyway) but it didn't get included, without
> a reason, without any notice.

It took me some consistent hassling, too.

> So plib devlopers can do their own business, but I'm moving on.

Don't lose the patch though; it's still useful.
The original goal of relatively-good-performance with a small-footprint
has gone out of the window in the extensions being added to the 3D stuff.
I've yet to use PLIB's sound for non-FGFS apps (everything I do is 16 bit).