I see
 "rho-slugsft3"
in the built-in property browser (View/Properties), but
 "rho-slugs_ft3"
in the httpd property browser.

I think what is happening is that the latter is correct, but the PLIB default font
fails to show underscore characters.  I would guess that you took the name as you saw
it without the underscore, inserted it in an XML configuration file and then ran FG,
which would cause your new property to be created.  Then the property browser would
show both of them; it knows they are different, but they display the same.

We need a different (or rather a complete) font.  This has been mentioned before.  The
PLIB guys said something like "It's easy to create one."  We could supply one in
Flight Gear, but really someone ought to complete the one in PLIB.

- Julian