On 10/10/02 at 12:02 PM Alex Perry wrote:
>> I wonder if the casual users appreciate all the work we're doing to
>> make the instruments less reliable.
>
>Don't you remember the massive amount of whingeing (a couple of years ago)
>when I stuck all the compass turning errors onto the DG instrument ?
>The simulated aluminium was just _raining_ out of the sky ...
>
>8-)

That was one of my absolutely most favourite bits of Flightgear.  I got a
second hand pilots tuition hand-book from an old book shop some time ago,
and was gobsmacked at the bit about the compass over and under-shooting in
turns - I'd never even conceived of anything like that, and MSFS95
certainly never did it!  When I fired up Flightgear and found it acted
*exactly* like the book described I was ecstatic.

Cheers - Dave