----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Ross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] multitex investigation

> Roman Grigoriev wrote:
> > ok it's done at startup but if we want to have landing lights moves
> > we have generate second texture coordinates in realtime please give
> > me hint where in flightgear it can be done? in tileentry?
>
> I'm not the right person to answer questions about the scenery tile
> subsystem, but you are aware of OpenGL's texgen features for doing
> realtime texture coordinates, right?  If you set things up right,
> texgen will generate the texture coordinates for you dynamically from
> the vertex coordinates on the GPU, with no significant loss of
> performance.

Andy texgen don't work here because we need dinamically calculate lightmap
texture coordinates using some formulas
I'm working now on light lobes of aircraft.
Think that it will be really nice
But I can't understand why Steve refuse add multitex support code from
Marten Stromberg to PLIB
It took us ages to wait OpenGL2.0 and shaders. PSL is not suitable for that.
Roman