On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:17:43 -0000
 "Jim Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

coordinate system is:

X positive aft
Y positive right
Z positive up

Sounds good.
Good.

Not sure what visual cues you are looking for. I would be hesitant to do a
translation that would have the pilot's head bouncing around the cockpit. Right now the cockpit appears more or less stationary in relation to the
pilot's eye.
This may very well be OK right now. To clarify: When rendering the scene from the pilot eyepoint (inside the cockpit), the view must be correctly rendered so that once touchdown occurs, and the derotation is occurring, the pilot view out the front not only rotates (pitches down), but translates (remember the 747 example I mentioned earlier). The pilot eyepoint is NOT at the CG - which is why we provide it. The visual cue is the translational movement during touchdown when the nose gear descends to the runway. VERY important for large aircraft particularly; the CG doesn't translate in Z much after main gear touchdown, but the cockpit sure will. Again - this may be already being done correctly, but I worry because you say that the pilot eyepoint information is not being used.

Jon