David Megginson

>  You can spot a
> trend with a needle much faster than you can read an absolute value,
> and to fly steady, you really have to work hard to damp out the
> movement.

I agree and with my proposal you would see a deflection once
the required 'delta' was reached.  I am assuming that the deltas
would be settable with the properties so we could figure out what
delta corresponded to a one pixel change in a needle's deflection
for those that wanted as sensitiv an instrument as possible

However even with this sensitive a setting if your rpm isn't
steady enough to get a boost from the proposed lazy texture
generation I'd be thinking about getting some new spark plugs :-)

Cheers

Norman