On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 19:22, Norman Vine wrote:
> Tony Peden writes:
> >
> > On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 16:08, Norman Vine wrote:
> > >
> > > Anything that has built in damping, air pressure controlled devices ect,
> > > probably have no need to be sampled at anything greater then 5 hz
> > > unless you are flying thru a tornado :-)
> >
> > This won't be as true for aircraft with more sophisticated flight
> > intruments such as fighters and jet transports.
>
> True enough, but then again I bet those fighters and jet transports can
> get high enough and have a sophisticated enough ECS so that things can
> get pretty steady if and when they want it to :-)

No matter how sophisticated the ECS may be, it can only react to changes
in the aircraft state ... it cannot predict and prevent.

Aside from all that whatever lags or damping may exist should be modeled
by the code for the individual instrument.  It shouldn't arise from lack
of sample rate.

> Cheers
>
> Norman

Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>