"Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's disturbing that even at take off from KSFO that the FPS drops
> so dramatically when looking in the 'right' direction when these things
> are so far away

In my opinion this is the only annoyance in FlightGear that really hurts
noticeably. Even when you start at KHAF and look into the direction of SFO
downtown or KSFO airport the framerate drops heavily - despite all the
mountains that stand in between.
FG would improve heavily if objects would get clipped out that can't be
visible by any means. Especially when you're near ground at takeoff or
touchdown all the currently employed LOD algorithms don't help very much in
this case,

Martin.