On Monday 08 September 2003 10:37, Erik Hofman wrote:
> I don't know if you've seen this page already, but we are allowed to use
> their work as textures since we credit them in out documentation:
> http://skyscraperpage.com
> It covers quite some buildings from The Netherlands.

I did came across this page before, and I thought the images were too small.
But tonight I tried one anyway and I am surprised about how it looks. Not
too bad at all for a texture that's only 150 pixels high. I have put some
sample images here:

http://ivop.free.fr/fgfs/fgfs_rembrandt1.jpg
http://ivop.free.fr/fgfs/fgfs_rembrandt2.jpg

It's the Rembrandt Tower, the heighest building of Amsterdam (135m roof,
150m antenna). Nice how it aligns with the Amstel river, I think.
The building in the front on the second image, is the Carré theatre. It's
slightly misplaced, but I corrected that already and I'm too lazy to create
a new screenshot :)

Close up of Carré is here:

http://ivop.free.fr/fgfs/ac3d_carre.jpg

> I don't know if I can help with creating buildings also (although I'd
> like to) but I also want to update the Dutch airfields where needed.

I wanted to look into that too. For example, adding the fifth (actually
sixth) runway to Schiphol. I have found some very accurate data about all
six runways in 'Rijksdriehoek' coordinates and wrote a small program to
convert those to WGS84. But I have no data on the taxiways and the current
taxiways are a little misaligned with the new runway data I have.
Maybe we can talk about it offlist and/or exchange data?

> BTW. Did anyone think about creating a directory tree to store static
> scenery for world coverage? I think it is highly needed.

That would be a very good idea!

--Ivo