On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:21:19 -0000, Jim Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That has nothing at all to do with what I said. We are controlling individual
control surfaces. Period. I don't think we should have subclasses for each
desired action/process. Only each control surface type.

Do you mean a different controller algorithm for the different control surfaces?
Or do you mean a different configuration for each control surface?

I think we are misunderstandig eachother. Let me try to show what I think that you mean.

Say we have two controllers, one is acting on the ailerons and one acting on the elevator. The one acting on the ailerons allows us to set a desired roll angle. The one on the elvator to set a desired pitch angle. Now do you mean that there should be any differences in the algorithms of these two controllers because they are controlling different control surfaces?

They do not interoperate.

On my "Altitude Holder Deluxe[TM]" they do. :-)

Generally you will operate the system in a climb or
descent mode using various techiniques (pitch hold, vs target, etc). Altitude
hold is queued in ARM mode (armed) to take effect when the aircraft reaches an
altitude that is within X feet of the target. At which time it switches to an
altitude hold mode. AFAIK there are some aircraft that will even fly into the
ground if you setup a descent and ARM a target altitude above where the
aircraft is.

That's another strategy.

-- Roy Vegard Ovesen