Andy wrote

> Martin Spott wrote:
> > Jim Wilson wrote:
> > > If the camera is tracking the nose, then it moves up and down as
> > > well with the nose.  This creates the _illusion_ that the rest of
> > > the aircraft (and of the scene for that matter) is
> moving, and the
> > > nose is remaining stationary when in fact it is moving up
> and down.
> >
> > You _might_ be right
>
> No, he is right.  Really.  This has been argued over before.  I can
> *assure* you that both FDMs do the mechanics correctly.
>
> The whole idea of "rotates around the C.G." is an
> approximation anyway.  The C.G. moves at runtime, and
> translational accelerations and rotation couple; they simply
> can't be modelled independently.

I was only using the CofG (and approximately at that) as a better visual
reference than the nose. I was only concerned to make things look right. I'm
sure that the FDMs are quite correct, or the models wouldn't fly very well,
if at all. I take it the CofG moves as fuel is consumed. Or is there
something else?

With intellectual curiosity.

Vivian Meazza