Vivian Meazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I was only using the CofG (and approximately at that) as a better visual
> reference than the nose. I was only concerned to make things look right. I'm
> sure that the FDMs are quite correct, or the models wouldn't fly very well,
> if at all. I take it the CofG moves as fuel is consumed. Or is there
> something else?
>
> With intellectual curiosity.

You actually want to be very exact about matching the model to the FDM origin.
 Otherwise you won't be able to model position on the ground very well.  One
problem might be the wheels sit a few inches above the pavement,  or maybe the
tail drops through the ground when you rotate on takeoff.  That's why with
most aircraft, the nose is good (easy to identify).

Best,

Jim