On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:36:13 -0500
 Josh Babcock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This has all got me thinking a bit. This subject seems to come up quite a bit, and frankly I have found it a dificult problem too. In addition, there are some related things that can get hard as well like placing the wheels right on the ground, and getting the landing gear elements for wingtips and other parts that can experience a ground strike positioned correctly. Maybe what we need is the ability to place a visual cursor into the scene graph and slave it's position to a set of positional properties. These could come from the FDM or a view definition (think how useful it would be to go into

This is not a bad suggestion. However, I'd be happy if we could specify a set of axes to be displayed as desired. I'd like to see the XYZ axes reported by the FDM, for instance - both nose-cented and CG centered. It could be a valuable visual debugging aid.

Jon