Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> You _might_ be right, but in the case we are talking abouth things are
> different. For example use the "Tower view" and zoom enough to get the
> details. Take off and stay 100 ft above the ground. Now push the
> elevator violently aband you'll notice that the nose keeps its distance
> from the ground but the aircraft body gains height. Compare this to the
> default aircraft.

Trust me, I've been all over every line of the viewer code.  You aren't really
seeing what you think you are.  It just looks that way.

The only connection between the FDM and what you see on the screen are the
properties in the /orientation and /position paths.  If you suspect a problem,
look at those.  In the case you describe the altitude-ft reading (which is at
the nose if the nose is the FDM origin) will not change when you pull hard on
the stick.

> There's another sign that _might_ reveal something about the 'mistake'.
> Use the "Chase view wo yaw" and activate the HUD. On the default and
> several other aircraft (I didn't test the whole hangar) the center of
> the HUD points to somwhere near the CG, on the PA-28 it points to the
> aircraft nose.

That's a problem with the HUD code which _is_ broken (IMHO tm).

Best,

Jim