David Megginson

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:40:53 -0000, Vivian Meazza
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry guys, I sent today's Nimitz before I realized that Curt was
> removing
> > crease tokens. Mind you, after all the effort we went to get it in ...
> I'm a
> > bit confused here. Mathias submitted a patch to plib, and I thought that
> > Wolfram Kuss had uploaded it. What's the problem - NIH (Not Invented
> Here)
> > or what?
>
> No, it's just a matter of stability.  We don't want FlightGear
> releases to have to depend on prerelease CVS versions of plib, so we
> have to wait until the next plib official release.

Absolutely right, but here we are talking FG cvs with plib cvs (or not as
the case might be)

> By the way, are
> you certain now that the crease patch is in the plib CVS?

No, I'm not. I know Mathias forwarded it, and, as I said, I thought that
Wolfram had uploaded it. I'm using one of our patched versions because plib
cvs doesn't work with Cygwin, or at least didn't when I last looked a week
or so ago (joystick problems). Hence my question.

> Since the loaders are not an integral part of the plib core, one
> alternative would be to maintain our own AC3D loader in FlightGear,
> based on the plib one.

In effect we are. I use the plib version provided on Martin Spott's site.
Very satisfactory and stable it is too, but of course it has to be
maintained. If plib has a problem with accepting patches, then perhaps this
is the way to go.

Nice to get this one sorted.

Regards,

Vivian