Maik Justus wrote:
  > That would be the best. But how to know, that 1.2 would work? It looks

If version 1.2 still contains this bug it will be noticed rather quickly
and changing the test would be easy.

> like, if the OpenAL Doppler effect bugs are a never ending story. And
> they do not work correctly at Linux (at least not on every build). For a
> short while I thought it would be the best, to use always the own
> calculation. But then I learned, that some (all?) Linux versions of
> OpenAL report them self as version 1.1 (in the header file), but do
> limit the allowed pitch range of a sound, which is in contrary to the

As I understand it implementations are free to limit the pitch range and
I know almost for sure that Creative implementations don't allow pitch
settings above 2.0 due to hardware limits.

Erik