Hi Erik,

Erik Hofman schrieb am 28.06.2007 08:50:
> Maik Justus wrote:
>   > That would be the best. But how to know, that 1.2 would work? It looks
>
> If version 1.2 still contains this bug it will be noticed rather quickly
> and changing the test would be easy.

ok, I will test for the 1.2 and use the OpenAL Doppler calculation if
successful.
>> like, if the OpenAL Doppler effect bugs are a never ending story. And
>> they do not work correctly at Linux (at least not on every build). For a
>> short while I thought it would be the best, to use always the own
>> calculation. But then I learned, that some (all?) Linux versions of
>> OpenAL report them self as version 1.1 (in the header file), but do
>> limit the allowed pitch range of a sound, which is in contrary to the
>>

> As I understand it implementations are free to limit the pitch range and
> I know almost for sure that Creative implementations don't allow pitch
> settings above 2.0 due to hardware limits.

Yes, the driver is allowed to clamp the pitch, but the allowed range to
pass to OpenAL  is (0.0f,any], therefore I wouldn't expect an error
reported by alGetError(). But no problem, I just will ignore if
alGetError() returns an error after setting the pitch value.

I will try to make a patch for all reported bugs (up to know).
> Erik

Maik