On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Noah Brickman wrote:

> I'm attempting to assemble a list of basic aircraft state values, like yaw,
> pitch, roll, and velocity and acceleration vectors. I'll probably be using
> the JSBSim FDM. Is there a place where this information can be easily
> extracted from the program? The FGState::ReportState function seems to
> assemble some of this info but it has been commented out due to use of
> depreciated functions.

Hi,

There are several ways to do this without any code changes to FlightGear.
I know FlightGear directly supports data logging to a file but I have not
used that option. However, if you are going to use JSBSim you can also use
JSBSim's builtin reporting  capability. Just add an output section to the
JSBSim config file for aircraft you want to use (inside the fdm_config
element).

This, for example, saves most aircraft state data once per second:

  <output name="datalog.csv" type="CSV" rate="1">
   <rates> ON </rates>
   <velocities> ON </velocities>
   <forces> ON </forces>
   <moments> ON </moments>
   <position> ON </position>
   <propulsion> ON </propulsion>
   <aerosurfaces> ON </aerosurfaces>
   <fcs> ON </fcs>
   <ground_reactions> ON </ground_reactions>
  </output>

There are a number of useful articles on the subject in the JSBSim
Newsletters available from http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/ .

Cheers,

Anders