You mentioned outputing data to a socket. Can you give me an outline of how
to set that up? Doing everything is JSBSim is fine for now. I think I just
need aircraft orientation and g-forces on the pilot.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon S.
Berndt
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 5:02 PM
To: 'FlightGear developers discussions'
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Aircraft state values

> I'm attempting to assemble a list of basic aircraft state values, like
yaw,
> pitch, roll, and velocity and acceleration vectors. I'll probably be using
> the JSBSim FDM. Is there a place where this information can be easily
> extracted from the program? The FGState::ReportState function seems to
> assemble some of this info but it has been commented out due to use of
> depreciated functions.
>
> Thanks,
> -Noah

Hi, Noah:

As for "extracting" data, do you want to "push", or "pull"? JSBSim (like
FlightGear and it's parts) is very configurable. If you want to output to a
file or through a socket, that can be done easily. If you want to extract
values at runtime programmatically, that can be done as well. If you can
elaborate I can help you more.

Jon