First, thank you all for the direct answers to my question.

Now, regarding the 737 sample case, it should be checked which
flaps-slats combinations are normally possible; it may be the case
where let's say flaps 20 cannot come with retracted slats (if there is
a problem with the slats deployment you are allowed to use only flaps
0).

Regarding the tables with infinite numbers of dimensions; I do not
understand why this should be needed. The buildup concept used in
JSBSim lets you specify delta of each coefficient for every
aerodynamic surface (flaps, elevator, stabilizer, etc.) independently;
JSBSim adds all that together. For the downwash, DATCOM could be
executed first for the clean configuration, obtain Epsilon vs. alpha,
then for certain airfoil representing one slat-flap combination,
obtain the new Epsilon vs. alpha, and finally we can build a 2D table
for deltaEpsilon vs. alpha vs. flaps. If the slat is another input,
then 3D tables (with tableData breakpoints) are already applicable in
JSBSim. We can then have one 2D table for slats 0, then another for
slats 20, etc. The elevator sweeps could be done with flaps up, and
then, this elevator effects included as another contribution in the
aero buildup.
One important issue in generating the independent contribution of each
aero surface is that sometimes there are interferences between them;
this can be significant for example between flaps and airbrakes.

Finally, one short question: why there is no dedicated horizontal
stabilizer property available in JSBSim, and we need to use for this
the speedbrake property? Just curious...

Fabian