Detlef Faber schrieb:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Following some recent discussions about vehicle simulation in
> FlightGear, I made a Willys Jeep for testing.
> It is still a little basic, but IMHO quite usable.
>
> Get it here:
>
> http://sol2500.net/flightgear/jeep.tar.gz
>
> Steer the car with aileron control. "," is Brake and "." is
> Accelerator.
>
> If you have rudder pedals with Toebrakes, the left pedal is Brake and
> the right is Accelerator.
>
> M (Shift-m) engages Reverse, m disengages reverse.
>
> Driving is best with OSG, Plib delivers a lot of crashes and unstable
> behaviour in rough terrain.
>
> Greetings
>
> Detlef

Hi,
this is a very nice toy to play with - a very well done 3D model AND
(for FG OSG) very easy to steer and control (.. although I would favour
the joystick throttle for accelerating :-) ). Thank you very much, Detlef.

What really fascinated me is that I saw my FlightGear world with other
eyes from the Jeep - if you drive through a scenery with some objects.
The perception is even different from a very low flying helicopter -
sizes, perspektive and space.

Here are some screenshots for demonstration, might be (one) good reason
to get an OSG FG version running :-)

http://home.arcor.de/vollnhals-bremen/JeepTest/

Have as much fun with Detlef's Jeep as I had/have!

Regards
Georg EDDW