On Friday 21 November 2008 14:16:25 Matthew Tippett wrote:

> Regarding the images. We now sufficient information for individuals to
> assert their copyright on the individual using them.

Just for the record, I did that earlier today for my own screenshots used.  I
gave permission to use my images only if they were clearly labelled with me
as copyright holder, and included the flightgear URL.

I made it very clear that my concern was not with the selling (which we all
agreed ages ago is perfectly legal), but with the fact that the FG community
is (in theory at least) otherwise missing out on potential contributers.

In practice I very much doubt whether there's any significant volume of sales,
but it's a matter of principle and the work of only a few seconds to request
correct attribution.

I think it would be good to ensure that the FG gallery (certainly for the next
release) carried a clear permissable usage statement.

Cheers,

AJ