On Saturday 08 August 2009 11:26:00 Tim Moore wrote:
> I've committed a version of Till Busch's terrain effects, as seen at
> LinuxTag. I know that he hasn't finished tuning them, and I've changed his
> landmass effect to use the base terrain texture, which he's not entirely in
> agreement with :) Nevertheless, they are great examples of using the new
> effects framework.

These effects, in combination with our new 3d clouds, are a massive step
forward in the realism of FG's "outside world".  No doubt there's some tuning
and improvement to come, but even as it is just now, it looks fantastic.

In fact, it's probably about good enough to convince me it's time for a
graphics card upgrade so I can enjoy using them with my previous
framerates :-)

Thanks for all the hard work that's gone into them, and I look forward to
seeing more (I'm sure the existing use is only scratching the surface of what
can be achieved.)

Cheers,

AJ