On Saturday 08 August 2009 19:55:19 Curtis Olson wrote:
> Hi AJ,
>
> Under a scenario with these shaders (and/or rain&snow), fly up into the 3d
> cloud lyaer so you are punching through the puffy clouds.  Are you still
> getting 20 fps?

I don't see much difference between flying above the puffy clouds and flying
underneath them... possibly slightly lower fps when flying higher, but I can
imagine several reasons for that.  Overall, I'd say the new effects seem to
have the kind of performance penalty that I'd expected, and are well worth
it... one can always turn them off if necessary, anyway.

Did I also forget to mention how much more fun flying is with the more
realistic turbulence that was added a while back? :-)

Cheers,

AJ