> > You can say THAT again! I wonder if OSG people know that they should
> > also throw out stuff from cache, not just put things in!
> > I have been bold enough to use the CACHE_ALL for today's TGA
> > multiplayer event ... at the end of the 6th hour or so, FG's memory
> > usage reached 7.5GB, with the extensive swapping negating any eventual
> > advantage of the caching.
> >
> > So, I certainly do not recommend setting this option on by default,
> > until the behavior is fixed (such as by introducing a memory limit).

To reduce memory footprint caused by model caching, I added this code to the
begining of the main function of fgrun :

   osgDB::Registry* registry = osgDB::Registry::instance();
   registry->setExpiryDelay( 0. );

I suspect we can control the amount of caching the same way in FG

Regards,
-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier