On Friday, April 15, 2011 20:43:45 syd adams wrote:
> One small ,narrow fuselage piece inside and at the bottom of the main
> fuselage doesnt make a difference here, you don't need a lot . And
> they don't seem to trigger a crash like gear does.

The gear only triggers a crash when its absolute height above ground level is
-1. This happens because gear position doesn't change when retracted
(obviously it would be quite hard to calculate its position during the
extension phase, because every airplane might have a different way to extend
and retract).
There is no force computed and applied to the model when the gear is
retracted, however the collision check still happens and if you have a long
enough gear strut it will go below -1 AGL when flying low or crash landing.
It should be pretty easy to replicate this with the IAR80, I haven't tried
with other aircraft.

Adrian