Something I've always thought about is an official aircraft repository
that contained non-GPL2 aircraft- straight from the authors, of course.
There are many aircraft for FlightGear that are not GPL-licensed (some
of them very well-developed, like the Tu-154b and the MD-81), and I
think it'd be best if we had an official repository for them. Currently,
they are hosted on a number of unofficial "hangars," decreasing their
visibility and their accessibility to the end-user.

This discussion has been raised before on the forums; just thought I'd
mention it here. Sorry if there's been a previous conversation about
this and I've resurrected a dead topic.