On 18 Dec 2011, at 11:06, Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> One question for the release managers: Do performance improvements such as
> these count as bug fixes or features? Should we try to get this into
> the 2.6.0 release,
> or wait until 2.8.0?

I think the answer is 'it depends', but given that you have been working on the
code in a branch (when equivalent hacking could easily have taken place in
next/ ), and are at the point of 'it's basically done, needs testing', *and* it
makes a major difference for at least some people, I'd be inclined to
cherry-pick it in early next week.

(We can always roll it back, and it doesn't impact aircraft compatibility
either way)

However, that's only my opinion.

James

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011