On 14 Dec 2011, at 14:49, Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> (BTW - I think I've managed to get Impostors working though I've still to see
> any performance gain)

That's very interesting, because if we had truly generic impostors working,
they could also be used to push out the scenery rendering substantially.

(basically, tiles beyond the core rings would be rendered as impostors -
there's some demos of people doing this online, in other terrain engines)

James