Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> Given that we have 400+ aircraft that need to be updated, I think we
> also need clear documentation (on the wiki?) describing the steps you
> outline above, and in particular how to register the transparent
> surfaces.  That probably needs to be in place before the code goes
> into "next".

Yes, then we can make aircraft after aircraft "Rembrandt ready" so that we
have a nice pool of planes for the next release.

> IMO we should bite the bullet and get it into "next" this week if
> possible.  There's obviously some risk to our 6 month release
> schedules that we'll just have to accept.

I agree here. Let's merge the Rembrandt work into next so that every git
user has to work with it, can find glitches and adapt shaders. There are
people holding back their shader improvements in anticipation of Rembrandt.
We have to merge it anyway sooner or later. Now, the likeliness of conflicts
is lower and the speed of development will be faster.

Cheers
Chris