> De: Erik Hofman
>
> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 06:25 +0000, Renk Thorsten wrote:
> > > The first line says it all.
> >
> > Okay... so what does it mean?

It means that a required Framebuffer Object failed to
setup and the fallback isn't OK for Rembrandt.

> > > I'd first try to reduce the size of the shadow map :
> > > --prop:/sim/rendering/shadows/map-size=1024
> >
> > No success, problem persists.
> >
> > > or reduce the window size : --geometry=800x600
> > > to reduce the memory footprint.
> >
> > Same as above, problem persists. Also when I use small shadow map
> > in addition to 800x600 window no success (leaving aside the fact
> > that Flightgear running in a window of less than a quarter of my
> > screen isn't really thrilling...) .
>
> Maybe this may help developers, it's about the same message:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=8905

This issue is related to iOS and OGL ES, that is a bit different.

There is the concept of implicit attachment in OSG, so
INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT shouldn't occur if an attachment was
missing in the first place. I am thinking of an explicit
attachment that failed silently.
There is a way to increase the OSG log level, but I don't remember
it for the moment.

I have to make guess as I don't have a card that exhibit that issue.
You can try to edit fg/src/Main/renderer.cxx and change
GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT32 to GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24. You may also try to add
the --bpp=32 option to the fgfs command line.

Last, make sure that you didn't enable multithreading in preferences.xml
(AutomaticSelection or something else)

> Plus, so far with one exception (landmass effect at high quality)
> pretty much everything so far ran just fine out of the box with very
> acceptable framerates. So, I have a feeling that Rembrandt might be
> going to leave a lot of folks with blank screens at this point. I
> don't want to be negative here, maybe it is a trivial problem, but
> this isn't really a shader which I don't really need to see, this
> gives me an unusuable Flightgear.

Be sure I value your feedback, but we are exploring new lands here.
There is not so much OSG deferred rendering example or real
application around, so please be forgiving.
And I don't think Flightgear is unusable for anybody. The Rembrandt
renderer is optional and the classical/2.6 renderer should work for
everybody.

Regards,
-Fred