On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 12:53 +0000, castle...@comcast.net wrote:
> Complains about not finding a plugin to read objects from file
> c:/fg-2.7.0/fgdata/xxxxxx from the gitgo.

Hi John,

Well it seems some good news and some
bad news ;=))

Missing plugin... yes this is quite common,
unfortunately ;=(( Suggests some problems
with the OSG used, or something...

But you give NO INFORMATION on exactly what you
built!!! Exactly WHAT 3rdparty stuff you
used? Versus what did you build from source?

I built Release SG/FG yesterday, git 15th like you,
in a root c:\FG\14, using :-

\3rdparty - fgfs-win32-VS100-3rdParty+OSG-20120411.zip

\install\msvc100\OpenSceneGraph - archive.zip, after
 removing the initial 'archive/' folder...

And (mostly) following the Fred/Gijs cmake wiki...

Built and installed Release SG in
 \install\msvc100\SimGear
so pointed to that when building FG...

Built c:\FG\14\build-fg\src\Main\Release\fgfs.exe

After adding the path -
c:\FG\14\install\msvc100\OpenSceneGraph\bin
to my PATH environment variable, this ran well in
normal mode, no problems, but no rembrandt shadows
on a trial of that... but that can wait... all else
worked well in the few simple flights done...

So what 3rdparty stuff did you use? What was your
command line? What exactly was the console
output?

Then we MAY be able to help more...

Regards,
Geoff.