On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:39,  <castle...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Looking over your comments, it might be my install of the OSG stuff that is
> causing the problem.  Took the "easy" way of sticking fgfs.exe in with the
> 3rd party libraries,  guessing what is missing is the OSG plugin or a path
> to it.  I'll look there first.  Sometimes the error msgs are not very clear
> to newbies.

I keep my working binaries outside of the build folder (C:\Program
Files\FlightGear\bin\x64\ for example).  If I update OSG or any
3rd-party libs I delete everything in my working bin folder, then copy
everything from these folders:

  install/msvc100-64/OpenSceneGraph/bin/*
  3rdParty.x64/bin/*

to the folder where my working binaries reside.  I haven't had an
issue with missing or incorrect version plugins this way.

Your directory structure may be a tad different, as I see it is on the
new wiki page, but those folders either need to be in your $PATH or
their contents copied to wherever you stick fgfs.exe, etc.

Hope this helps :-)

cheers,

Rob