imacarthur wrote:

>> After installing the (debian) package libxft-dev, USE_XFT is defined
>> as 1, and
>> there are some xft-related warnings when compiling.
>
> Hmm, I don't think I expect any warnings... We probably want to start
> gathering up the reports of warnings and fixing them, actually...

Here they are, all of 'em #warning ...

Compiling Fl_x.cxx...
Fl_x.cxx:341:2: warning: #warning XFT support here
Fl_x.cxx:453:2: warning: #warning XFT support here

Compiling fl_font.cxx...
In file included from fl_font.cxx:43:
fl_font_xft.cxx:539:2: warning: #warning Need to improve this XFT right to left
draw function

Compiling gl_draw.cxx...
gl_draw.cxx:101:2: warning: #warning We really need a glXUseXftFont
implementation here...

Compiling glut_font.cxx...
glut_font.cxx:118:2: warning: #warning FIXME This needs to be UTF aware now

Cheers
Albrecht