MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:

>>> What font are you using, BTW? If it's something I have, I
>> might try and have a look (work/time permitting or course!)
>>
>> The default font:
>> Text-Font (15): -*-courier-medium-r-normal--*
>> Label-Font (14): -*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*
>>
>> or
>> Text-Font (14): -*-bitstream vera sans mono-medium-r-normal-*
>> Label-Font (13): -*-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*
>
> Oh - XLFD's...
> Are you building with XFT enabled or not? That might make a difference.
> Also, if you are building with XFT enabled, do you know what the "real"
> name of the font that is loaded is? I'm just wondering whether the font
> that is being chosen actually has the glyphs you need, at the Unicode
> code points...
>

>> $ locale
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> LANGUAGE=de
>> LC_CTYPE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>>
>> maybe that's the point, but I don't know what to set for utf-8.
>
> LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

Thanks for your help, but I must stop this (on my side) for now. I don't have
any
experience with utf-8 setup, and I don't know which fonts my linux system uses,
it does all "just work" now.

Right now I don't need utf-8, but I think that FLTK 1.3 would be a good
starting
point. I'll come back with new questions (sure :-)) when I have the time to
read
more about utf-8, fonts, locale setup, and ... who knows.

However, if there is a HOWTO for FLTK users and utf-8, I would like to try that.

Thanks again

Albrecht