On 03.03.2013 19:33, Albrecht Schlosser (I) wrote:

> And for the selection of notes, it would also be possible to use
> a piano keyboard, like this one here:
>
> http://prodatum.sourceforge.net/screenshots/v0.99/keyboard.png
>
> I don't know how it was done finally, but when we discussed it here
> in fltk.general many months ago, I proposed using one widget for the
> entire keyboard and to draw() it with fl_rect() and fl_line(), and
> that is also what I would propose today.

And here are some links to that old discussion (Oct 2008):

http://www.fltk.org/newsgroups.php?gfltk.general+Qpiano

http://www.fltk.org/newsgroups.php?gfltk.general+v:26587
http://www.fltk.org/newsgroups.php?gfltk.general+v:26588

... and more, see the first link.

Note 1: looks like Jan did it as proposed.
Note 2: I forgot to mention fl_rectf() in my previous posting.

Albrecht