Hi David,

You can't use a summary field to total up a related field, but you can do this:

in the member table, create a calculation, c_lastPaymentAmt =
        Last ( payments::amount )
and another, c_lastPaymentDate =
        Last ( payments::date )

(this is assuming the relationship (the RELATIONSHIP, not a portal) from members to payments is sorted by date in ascending order; if in descending order take out the Last function).

Then you can summarize those calculated fields.

Regards,
Chad



On Aug 2, 2007, at 6:28 PM, David Lynx wrote:

Yes, the one problem I have is that I want to do special searches like find people who have made payments in the past but are not current, etc. This only seems to work from the main screen. I just think there has to be a way to use the main database to get a total of a related field. On 8/1/07 6:06 PM, "Richard S. Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:


Why not try running your report directly out of the "Payments" table?


On 2007 Aug 1, at 15:28, David Lynx wrote:


I would, but all I want is the most recent membership payment. I don't want


their other payments in the Payment database. Is that what you mean?


Are you presently able to do a Find in the Payments table for the most recent membership payment for each person?

Is it correct to assume that there are some people in the Payments table who have given ONLY donations, not dues?





***************
Chad Novotny
Vice President - Technology
The Support Group, Inc.
database design, development and training services
boston - los angeles - new york - san francisco

24 Prime Park Way
Natick, MA 01760
t: 508.653.8400 x217
f: 508.653.2830
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.supportgroup.com


Reply via email to