You can easily get barcodes into filemaker. Just purchase a barcode reader with a keyboard wedge interface. The info from the barcode goes into FM just like it had come from the keyboard. I use Metrologic scanner model MS9520. Cost about $250. You can have FM open a cash drawer by using Troi's serial plugin. It will open any cash drawer that attaches to the computers serial port. I did it. So you can too. The metrologic scanner can be programed to send a keyboard command after the scan. This allows you to pause a script - waiting for the scan and then the scanner can send the ascii equivalent of hitting the numeric key pad enter key thus resuming the script. Viola! complete automation.
Needed more feel free to call me.

Jeff
Harvest Book Co.
215-619-0307 x203

David Lynx wrote:
I am always looking for a way I can combine use Filemaker as a type of cash
machine.  Checking in members and taking entry fees and giftshop purchases.
The books we now all have as barcoded items.

I need a quick way for the receptionist to enter this into the computer and
have it print out a small receipt for customers.  I don't necessarily need
it attached to a cash drawer because we have a separate one.

Any ideas would be great..
Thanks

Reply via email to