We installed a standard usb-bar code reader (on OS X) and then the barcode
reader just entered the numbers into our field.  On another app this worked
with a card swiper as well (student id's).  I didn't have to modify the
database at all.  Hope that helps.

Sable


On 7/9/07 7:20 AM, "Lisa Keene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all.
> We are a medium sized office currently using FileMaker Pro 7 and
> FMServer Unlimited on Mac OX Server 10.3.9. I have been asked to help
> implement an asset management tracking database. Since we currently use
> FileMaker I see no reason to go with a third party  standalone app when
> FM will work perfectly fine. I like the template available but financial
> would like to incorporate barcodes. Anyone have any experience or advice
> on devices or plugins?
> thanks,
> Lisa Keene

Reply via email to