I would, but all I want is the most recent membership payment.  I don't want
their other payments in the Payment database.  Is that what you mean?

Why not try running your report directly out of the "Payments" table?

On 8/1/07 11:46 AM, "Richard S. Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2007 Aug 1, at 13:08, David Lynx wrote:
> 
>> Okay.. I am puzzled why I can't get a correct amount.
>> 
>> I have a membership database that has a related payment file (where
>> all the
>> payments records are kept).
>> 
>> The two are tied together with the membership number.
>> 
>> I have window that has a listing of all their payments.  Some
>> payments are
>> membership payments, others are donations. So I also have a
>> relationship
>> called Last payment, where I can have membership number and the word
>> "Membership" so I am only looking at the membership payments.  I
>> also have
>> it sorted, so I can make a report of only the last membership payment.
>> 
>> So now I have a report that has their name and PaymentDate and
>> PaymentAmount
>> for their last membership payment.   I want a running total of the
>> PaymentAmount.
>> 
>> I can't do a summary field, as the PaymentAmount is coming from a
>> relationship. I have tried a calculation of Sum
>> [lastpayment:PaymentAmount]
>> but it doesn't give me the correct running total.
>> 
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks!
> 
> 
> Why not try running your report directly out of the "Payments" table?

Reply via email to