All,
A criticism by Dr. Kay, has really stuck with me. I can't remember the
specific criticism and where it's from, but I recall it being about the how
wrong the web programming model is. I imagine he was referring to how
disjointed, resource inefficient it is and how it only exposes a fraction of
the power and capability inherent in the average personal computer.

So Alan, anyone else,
what's wrong with the web programming mode and application architecture?
What programming model would work for a global-scale hypermedia system? What
prior research or commercial systems have any of these properties?

The web is about the closest we've seen to a ubiquitous deployment platform
for software, but the confluence of market forces and technical realities
endanger that ubiquity because users want full power of their devices plus
the availability of Internet connectivity.

-Cornelius

--
cornelius toole, jr. | ctoo...@tigers.lsu.edu | mobile: 601.212.3045