On Thursday 11 October 2001 20:25, Sergej Malinovski wrote:

|   time. Yes, it will take long time. Is that your only objection? How
|   long it will to make some Free usable fonts is something neither you
|   nor I can predict, but time is irrelevant. Time will not give you more
|   freedom. You can wait an eternity for Microsoft to fix/extend Arial
|   and nothing will happen -- is that your choice?
|
|   What is it exactly that YOU suggest? Do you suggest that we settle
|   with fonts from Microsoft? Do you suggest that we settle with fonts
|   with restrictions such as, quoted from EULA, not be able to reverse
|   engineer, decompile, disassemble, rename, edit, create any derivative
|   works or distribute for profit?

I am open to review your first font and comment on it.
I would pretty happy if you can achieve Arial quality, especially if it's so
simple for guy like you :))

|   I suggest we create a foundation for creation of fonts where there is
|   community that promotes sharing of fonts types, designs and ideas
|   with a goal to create great fonts that all people can enjoy. A single
|   person cannot make a great font, but a community can (this is
|   something I choose to believe until someone convinces me of something
|   else).

9 women pregnant for 1 month can't born a child.
It still takes 1 woman and 9 months. :-)
--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)