--- Simon Pepping <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Chris wrote:

> > Is anyone else on the team planning on making
> large commits over the next
> > couple of days? I would be grateful if you could
> hold off for a couple of
> > days whilst the problems with this large patch are
> resolved. I dont want to
> > have to re-apply the changes. Let me know if this
> causes any problems....

OK--I'll hold off myself.  But from my experience
working with Finn's several huge patches, applying
these things incrementally can work wonders.

> If I see it right, then Luca should work on his
> patch some
> more.

Sounds like it, from Chris' explanation.

> Perhaps others could help with that work if he
> would want
> that. In such a situation it may be a good strategy
> to commit the
> patch to a branch of the HEAD of the trunk, so that
> it can be
> developed without problems with other work.

Errr--I wouldn't want additional branches in CVS just
for the sake of a patch--they tend to become
permanent.  Luca working on his local machine, or
using something on SourceForge may be a better idea.
It's just Monday right now--we can wait a few more
days.

Glen