On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl> wrote:
>> although I share Florian's concerns about "magic" detection of proper
>> file type rather than combination of reasonably conservative and obviously
>
> That also worried me a bit.

Well then you and Florian must have been worried for a very long time.
How long has FPC been using SubVersion?  ;-)  SubVersion also does
automatic conversions via the eol-style property. And yes we have all
seen what a mess the patches look like if you forget to set that on
certain files. I have seen this in my own projects and in Lazarus
repository.

Like I mentioned before, you can disable the "magic" detection and
leave text files exactly as-is by simply setting autcrlf=False in your
.gitconfig file. Then simply make sure you use a half decent editor
and not Notepad.

Regards,
  - Graeme -